Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tummy Trouble

In the path of my busy college girl life I've come to a large obstacle...my deteriorating health. Over the past three weeks my digestive disease, ulcerative colitis, has taken a turn for the worst. The cramping pain from my intestines shredding because my immune system is fighting itself has forced me to limit the amount of food I can take in. I've been managing to get by eating one meal a day or in some cases like yesterday, only a snack. My Dr. keeps putting me on new drugs but nothing seems to be able to fix the problem. I'm going in next Monday to have some tests done, which means they are going to do a colonoscopy. Yeah, not the most exciting procedure but at least I get to sleep for the operation.

The lack of sleep, amount of drugs, pain, financial costs and worry about what is going on has started to take a toll on me. I'm trying to stay positive and busy but have some fear about my future well being. I've had great friends who have comforted me over the past weeks. I'm in no need for sympathy, just prayers if possible. 

I know I'll get through this and I'm not going to let my disease get the best of me. On the brighter side of this disease I'm down to 120lbs....so I'm ready to show off my beach body whenever winter decides to get  a move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment