Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Off the Market

Yup, that title line is correct. I'm in a relationship and I couldn't be any happier to have the love of my life by my side. My friend Katrina said to me yesterday, "It's not official until you change your status on Facebook." Well I made the change today for the world to see.

I love my partner very much and I'm so thankful for each moment I have to share with him. We were together for three years and then were broken up on good terms for one. This past year I and him needed to experience certain things without one another. By the grace of God our love persevered over distance and time. We have both grown into being better partners and people as a whole.

I'm so excited for our future, however I'm still very excited about my own future. Even though I am in a relationship I plan to never lose sight of who I am and will continue to peruse my own interests. I've made the mistake far to many times in the past of converging my life with my partners, so much that I can't function properly on my own.

I have confidence that our relationship will work in the long haul, because I don't feel any anxiety, worry or fear. I completely trust my partner and have some of the greatest times with him. Last night we giggled non stop for an hour....it felt like a moment straight out of a movie theater scene.

I miss him when we are apart, but I don't have that over the top worry because we always stay connected to one another through our ability to communicate.

It's so unexpected to be in love again, but I couldn't have it any other way. It's nice to show him my love and feel his affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment