Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Small Town Return

There is just something about small towns. They set my mind at ease and make me feel that my troubles are miles away. It's nice to take a mid-afternoon jog and reflect upon childhood memories that once seemed that they would never become tiny flashbacks in my young adult life.

Today I took in the fresh air from my hometown area, said "hello" to the people that I passed, admired parents playing with their children in the park and enjoyed catching up with a wonderful high school friend.

Returning to my hometown area reminds me of how good life was and still is. I realize that the once young rebellious child I was, has grown-up into becoming everything she knew she could be, but was afraid of becoming.

As a child, I never thought I'd grow up. Hours seemed like days and days felt like weeks and weeks nagged on as if they were years. Now I've reached the point where the opposite has occurred. My days slip bye me and become years so quickly and all I want is for today to last forever.

I love coming back to my hometown and being proud of who I am and where I've come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment