Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Who Have I Become

In three years my body and mind have started to age. My body is started to ache, my face bares a few wrinkles and I'm started to feel exhausted.

Over the past three years, my first baby has turned into a soon to be kindergardener and I now have a handsome son. I'm a full-time career woman, artist by evening and some how holding it together and keeping a clean house about 60% of the time. It's tough. There are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to do. So instead I focus on the things I'm responsible for like my two kids (age 1 and age 4) and spend the extra time creating. The pleasures of going out and working out at the gym are non existent and faint memories in my past. 

Instead I try and paint each day. My artistic skills are improving and I can see that my persistence at getting better is paying off. My artwork sales are often, I am booked out with commission for the next three months and I've been able to invest my art sales back into my business with prints and technology.  

I've been taking giant steps for myself to get my business off and running with a solid foundation. I'm learning as I go and trying to be patient; however, the rush of what I know I can become easily makes me want to dive into this success full-time. 

I'm going to try and document my progress on this blog. THIS BLOG the one I started 10 years ago in college to keep me focused on my goals and accomplishments. 

Wish me luck! 
"Terminal". 20x20". Acrylic On Canvas.
A recent work depicting how quickly life can fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment