Friday, March 6, 2009

Simple Life, Simple Pleasures


It's Friday night and I'm exactly where I want to be...home. My hair in a pony-tail, minimal make-up, comfy clothes and I'm about to plunk myself into the bath tub. I've been enjoying life at a slower pace over the past 2 months. This slow pace was originally brought on by my poor health condition but now I really like being alone. It's nice to stay clear from the hustle and bustle of the bars, noisy parties, dumb drunk men and catty women. I think I've done a lot of growing up over the past two months.

Making time for myself has been great...I've found myself again. I listen to my body and I do what I want to do. I give myself time to understand this complexed world and I've been figuring out where life is going.

I'm a bath kind of gal...my bath to shower ratio is 6:1/week. I find the hour soaking in the tub to be my favorite place to unravel my mind. It's time that I shut the outside world off and I just relax. I think about life and I reflect upon memories, highlights/low lights of the day, future hopes and organize my thoughts or things I want to accomplish in the following week. It's so nice to just take my time...shave my legs, scrub up, dissipate under the warm water and listen to my heart beat.

Take sometime to get better aquainted with your mind and body by spending an hour in a hot bath of water. Light some candles, put on a soothing song and meditate.

No comments:

Post a Comment