Sunday, May 3, 2009

Love Today, Don't Wait For Tomorrow

I've learned many important lessons over the past weekend, all which have to do with love. This past weekend someone in my family attempted to commit suicide.

I was extremely scared and shocked about this situation. I didn't know how to make sense of the news. I felt some guilt wondering if I had contributed to this person's decision to end his life. Here are some lessons that I have learned:

1. Express your love for those you care for each day, for tomorrow is never guaranteed
2. The Lord's strength can make your weaknesses stronger
3. When life is hard, family is all that matters
4. That I can unconditionally love no matter what the situation
5. People have secrets and fears, let those you love know they can be open and honest with you
6. Your intuition is almost always right
7. Life is not all blue skies and smiles
8. During times of grief their are moments of laughter

I've gone through hell this past weekend, but I wasn't alone. My immediate family was there too. We were there together and will be stronger because of this situation as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment