Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Moving On With It All

The move ahead for me is not just to another location, it's about moving on with my life.

After an amazing busy day, I find myself wide awake at 2:00 a.m. packing and organizing my belongings for the move to Waukesha. It was official today when I received a call from my new landlord that everything is ready for me to move in.

I received the call with joy while releasing a deep breath that held the last bit of hope I had to stay in Madison. I'm moving back into familiar territory, close to my childhood friends, family and two prospective employment areas.

Moving away from Madison means leaving things I love and cherish behind me. Like my favorite running trail, my small efficiency I call home, my college friends, the freedom to ride my bicycle without looking like a weirdo, restaurants that know my name, and most importantly my college love, Beau.

It's hard to leave my best friend and partner. It was actually the only thing that really kept me grounded to stay in Madison. After much contemplation and prayer I believe it's not in God's timing for us to be together right now in life. I have things I need to experience and so does he.

So I'm going to ride my life out and just let things be whatever they shall amount to.

No comments:

Post a Comment