Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Traveling My Own Path


September 9, 2009 I find myself single and at the keyboard typing out my thoughts...oh no this can not be good. Actually, I am handling things pretty well for it only being the first two hours of independence. It doesn't really matter why or how the break-up happened. What matters is that I've had an amazing man in my life and we are still good friends who realize it just might not be meant to be.

I can now travel on my own path in life and make it what I want it to be. Maybe I'm getting a tougher heart, maybe I'm really happy about it, maybe I'm in shock, maybe my logic is stronger than my feelings; whatever it is it feels right to be alone right now. I'm happy things ended on good terms and that we both realized that our lives are going in two separate directions. However, that doesn't take away my feelings for him. As the Fray say, "I wish you were a stranger I could disengage."

So the path ahead of me looks uncertain, blurry, a little scary but I see sunshine through the fog and I know that in time things will be more certain and clear for me. On that thought, I can sleep well and I'll keep working hard to get where my life is heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment