Monday, September 21, 2009

A Step in the Right Direction

We all have to get our feet wet somewhere and I've finally found a puddle to jump in. Today I was offered a job with Kohl's Corporate Headquarters and I took it. The position isn't my ideal position, but a step in the right direction. I'll be able to continue enhancing my writing skills and hopefully in due time move up that Kohl's ladder. If not, I'll keep my eyes open to other job opportunities.

Not too long ago I was playing 'The Game of Life' with my brother and his girlfriend, when it occurred to me that I'm only 11 spaces into the game out of the 150. It seems that the next 50 spaces in life have the most stops and changes. Then the 89 after that fly by so quick that before you know it your plastic car is loaded with kids, the 'Life'chips have run out, and retiring at Millionaire Estates becomes less realistic. I'm looking forward to the bumps along the road and I'm okay with retiring at Countryside Acres.


No comments:

Post a Comment