Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Tears Will Not Come

When I was born, I literally cried everyday for the first seven years of my life (my family members can attest to this fact). I've come a long way since my whining days; however, I've always had a deep emotional side.

Lately, I've been feeling out of touch with my emotional side and it's making me feel a little weird. It's been over four months since I've had a good cry. For you men out there, it's probably been four years since you've had a good cry. During the past months, I've tried to cry and I have even had justifiable reasons and situations to cry about, but the tears do not come. I don't even get that chocked up feeling in the back of my throat. Have I become numb? Am I just happy with how my life is? Am I just growing up? What is it?

I've tried a couple things lately to awaken my emotions: sappy movies, feeling sorry for myself, attempted deep conversations with the boyfriend and the lamest of them gettting drunk. All of these things have amounted to no tears and a growing feeling that I need to cry. I don't know when the tears will come, but I look forward to when they do.

Some studies have shown that when you release emotional tears, you realease hormones that reduce your stress. Here was one good article I found about it. Guess I'll just have to keep balancing my stress with other forms of release like working out, sleeping, sex and conversation. Must be how men do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment