Friday, July 23, 2010

I Break My Heart

You might not know it, but I love to grasp a pencil in-between my fingers and draw life as I see it. I have no talent to draw from my imagination; however, I think I'm pretty good at drawing images I can see in front of me. So I'm working on a new piece of artwork: drawing my heart.

This drawing has been very hard for me to depict, since I'm unsure about what my heart really looks like, and it's hard to depict the message I want to bring forward in it. After thinking about my bleeding heart, I have reflected upon my ability to love. I have started to realize that I have no one to blame for the scars and bruises ladened upon it. I realize that I have broken my own heart because of fear and expectations. It's amazing how art can make you realize so many things about yourself. It truly is a way to express yourself and at the same time learn about yourself.

So if you have something that can't seem to be expressed in words, I recommend trying to present it in a art. The progress up to the finished product might make you discover things you were unaware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment