Thursday, July 15, 2010

Switching It Up

So after eating a dozen mosquitoes, running for my life from a pack of wasps, being caught in two thunderstorms and missing out on my social life, I've decided to switch-up my daily routine of sleeping-in (lucky bitch you’re thinking) and evening jogs. Yes, I do have a full-time job; however, I work the awkward shift of (10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.) 40 hours a week. With a shift like that a productive person needs to jam pack priorities in before and after the shift.Unfortunately, for the past several months I've been becoming a night owl and not so productive.

So, I am four days into this new routine and there are three perks and one setback. It's amazing what I can do with two hours of ME time each morning.
  • First, I am able to workout without being a bug’s main-course meal.
  • Second, I do not have to risk my life or a speeding ticket each morning on my commute to work. I can now take my time. I am used to dashing out the door last minute, driving 15 mph over the speed limit and scanning for cops like a pissed off lady because I hadn't given myself enough time to get ready for the day.
  • Third, I'm able to relax or be social. I can kick my feet up, snuggle with the boyfriend or go out with friends and family. Before, I was always a sweaty mess after my evening jog; that, by the time I took a shower I didn't want to spend another half an hour getting pretty. Once I’m clean and in a bathrobe I just want to stay naked and fresh.
  • Setback, it’s going on midnight and I'm still up. I should be in bed trying to sleep since my body is used to being spoiled with 8-10 hours of sleep each night. Operating on less than 8 hours of sleep is hard for me; especially, when I’m forcing my body to run for 45 minutes each morning and then sit in silence starring at a computer screen for 8 hours each day. Ahhh the thought kills me.
So I'll give this new routine a whirl. With it I will be able to reduce my stress and stay organized. I can sleep once I'm dead. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment