Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Suburban Girl With An Itch For the City

I have no sense of style, like comfy clothes, have been dependent upon a car for majority of my life, do all my shopping at Kohl's Department Store; however, I have a desire for the city life!

I was born and raised a conservative girl in the suburbs with a love for the country and a fear for the city. I moved to Madison, Wisconsin for three years during college and loved it! Since graduation, I have moved back into my hometown area of safety and seculsion in the suburbs. No matter how comfotable I feel here, I can't seem to stop pondering what my potential could be in a major U.S. city. I can't escape the fascination I have for the diversity and excitement of the city life.

Big cities are foreign and scary to me, but this also makes them very appealing to me. It's as if my soul wants to take a chance, start a new and be a career minded lady in Chicago, New York, Austin, or San Fransico. I'm young, social and the thought of working along business professionals in high-rise buildings is pretty enticing in comparison to my laid-back lifestyle in the suburbs of PTO mothers, hickbars full of burnouts and the daily half an hour commute to work.

So nothing is set in-stone about me moving, but it's something I'm going to look into. I don't want to look back on my life when I'm 30 and wonder why I never took the chance of failure or success in a city. I think if I take this chance, I'd learn so much about myself and the world around me. Allow for me to pop this bubble I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment