Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm Just Looking For A Good Time

I was ready for bed when the door of my apartment sprang open and in walked a friend. I was grabbed by the hand and forced to go out to the bar. Now this is exactly what I did not want to happen on my Wednesday night.  I've been lately programmed to be a housewife. I like to work, come home, make dinner, read a book and go to sleep. So tonight threw off my routine. Zapped me back into being 24 and single. SINGLE! Wow kind of weird to admit.

I was under the assumption that tonight would be one drink. Well one drink lead to 6 shots of apple gut rot and two talk mixers. Let's just say, "I'm feeling dandy as candy" right now. It was a strange feeling to have men engaging with me and feeling a sense of freedom. I have no interest in anyone at the moment, but it was nice to be out. It felt foreign but in many way liberating.

So right now, I'm just looking for a good time. No strings, commitments, drama or physical attention. Just good conversation and silliness. It's nice to just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment