Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Little Big Sister Is Getting Married

The woman I’ve always wanted to be is getting married and I am honored to be a part of her wedding party. On August 21, 2010 my sister will share the last name of the man she has been waiting for her whole life. As I start to compile my thoughts into words for my maid-of-honor speech, I can’t help but reminisce about all the wonderful memories her and I have shared over the past 24 years.

It brings me much pleasure to know that my sister will grow old with a man who respects and adores her; a man who captures her heart and puts a twinkle in her eye. I look forward to hearing their vows, holding their future children, watching their hair turn gray and seeing their love grow stronger through life’s tribulations.

I haven’t been in much of a lovey-dovey mood lately, but I can’t deny the love my heart still aches to find. One day, I too will vow to share my life with someone who makes my life worth living. Till then, I will splurge my love upon family members and close friends. God sure does bless the broken road.

My sister and future BIL

1 comment: