Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sick of the Mundane? Get a Hobby

Does homework, drinking, working, television and dating seem to be some of your so called ‘hobbies’? If so, it might be time to get a real hobby. It seems that all of the above at one time have been my so called ‘hobbies’ and it only led to dissatisfaction and boredom.

Homework was always a chore, drinking caused a lot of drama, work was a bore, television was annoying and dating was stressful. I can finally say I have three hobbies: painting, running and drawing. All three bring me much pleasure, relaxation and self evaluation.

According to Dictionary.com ‘hobby’ is defined as, “an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation.”

Far from being a waste of time, having a hobby provides stress relief. It can also boost your creativity and self-esteem. Completing or adding to a project or collection can bring a sense of accomplishment and it’s a rewarding experience to share your hobby with others, as I do with my artwork. Below are some of my recent accomplishments.

"Conceal" Acrylic Painting

"My Heart" Acrylic Painting

"Silly" Drawing

"Leaving Behind" Acrylic Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment