Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dinner 4 One Please

I had a first tonight. I braved going out in public to eat at a sit down restaraunt alone. It's something I've never done and, to be honest, thought was only something lonely, business people do. My experience has changed my thinking. It was actually quite liberating. I enjoyed the moments of solitude, not having to entertain someone over meaningless conversation and deal with the somewhat uncomfotable game of 'Who's Picking Up the Tab?' Tonight it was all about me and it was enjoyable. I had a craving to be out and an appetite for shephard's pie.

My mission is complete, my tummy is full, my mind is clear and my sketchbook has a few more drawings. I have an ambitious soul and I'm not waiting around for someone to do something with. If I want it, I'll get it and I won't hold back just because I'm on my own. I am my own best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment