Monday, September 28, 2009

Letting Go

Being alone is at times challenging and hard. My logical side of the brain tells me to be alone, yet my emotional side has a deep longing to love and be loved. I know that I just need to be patient; not fill my loneliness void with someone who will not meet my standards or only make life more complexed.

 I never wanted to admit it, but I have never let go of my ex before my most recent ex. Not letting go of him has impinged upon my ability to love my most recent ex. This man has recently reached out to me, yet I don't know what his intentions are.  It makes my life uneasy and gives me a false sense of hope. Below is a poem I wrote tonight. I need to let him go, so I can remain in control of my emotional state and see new opportunity when it happens in the future.


Because I Believe In Me
By: Mary Jean Ruhnke

You weren’t good for me, but why do I miss you?
Why do I let you haunt my dreams,
Cross my mind during times I should focus,
Weaken my independence,
Damage my self-determination,
Leave me blind to new opportunity
?

My heart wants to chase you
My hands want to touch you
My mind wants to know you
But I can’t
I shouldn’t
I won’t go back

Back to someone who left me wondering
Back to something that made me anxious
Back to a place that left me unhappy

Because I’ve learned to love myself first,
Because I know what I want
Because I still believe in fairytale love

I love myself enough to know that no matter how bad I want you,
You’ll never be able to love me the way I desire.

I need to let you go,
Erase you from my mind,
Not respond to your subtle pathetic bursts for attention
Move on and remind myself why I left you
because you are not good for me
and I will one day find a man who will love and cherish me

No comments:

Post a Comment