Friday, January 3, 2014

Facebook & You

Below is a poem I wrote while at work after realizing that an exboyfriend from my past was married. Sometimes I go on Facebook because I long for you It's the only place I can turn to To feel close to you It’s a place I can go to to view our old photos and feel as if you are mine again Reminense about the past and retrace the lines of your face again It’s the only place in which I can be honest with myself about my feelings I can’t pick up the phone and say, “How do you do?” or come racing over in the middle of the night because I can’t go on without you Today I went on facebook searching for you I wanted to know what was new or that I was on your mind However, my heart jolted and I began to choke when I discovered you were married to someone new An agonizing knot grew within my throat My heart skipped a beat My eyes filled with brief tears and for a short while I sulked My brain went a blunder and in that moment I felt crushed I don’t know why my mind holds onto you I guess I’m realizing that the hardest part about letting go is realizing that there wasn’t much for me to hold on to from the beginning. That what we were and what I wanted us to be was never so I feel like my day is starting to crumble, That the universe is about to crush me that my heart is about to explode I wish I could just kiss you and tell you the I love you and beg for you to never let me go. Today I went on facebook and decided to block you Erased all of our photos and decided to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment